Apollo Motorhomes Insurance Details
The Vehicle has third party insurance cover. It is likely that any other vehicle involved in an accident also has third party insurance cover. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, the renter may be entitled to claim for their personal injury against the third party insurance of the party responsible for the accident. The extent of such third party insurance varies in different States and Territories and Apollo strongly recommends that all passengers take out their own Personal Injury Travel Insurance. If the renter is responsible for the accident the Vehicle’s third party insurance should cover the renter for the liability except where the renter has committed a breach of the Vehicle’s third party insurance, e.g. drink driving
Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI) - $9.00 per night
Optional SLI provides the Clients with an increased limit of liability protection for 3rd party damage claims up to US$1 million.
The renter is responsible up to the amount of $1,500 for the cost of damage to the rented Vehicle. The renter is also responsible for the cost of demurrage for the period the Vehicle is unavailable due to repairs. The Liability is applicable regardless of who is at fault and must be paid at the time the accident is reported to Apollo, not at the completion of the rental Period. In addition to the Liability an administration fee of $75 will be charged per claim.
Apollo’s rental charge includes a Standard Liability of $1,500. A Bond of $1,500 will be collected at the time of entering into the Rental Contract. The $1,500 will be debited to the credit card account immediately. An administration fee of $30 applies.
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) - (Included in the Value Pack)
A $0 (zero) responsibility applies. This Option can be purchased by paying to Apollo $15 per night.
- The maximum amount payable for this Option per rental is $600 – i.e. 40 nights rental.
- The minimum amount payable for this Option per rental will be based on the minimum rental period applicable for your rental (i.e. 7 nights for rentals during the High Season).
CDW protects against:
- Accidental damages
- Windscreen (1 windscreen covered per rental)
- Protection against theft and vandalism
- Protection against uninsured motorists
- Tyre damage (2 tyres covered per rental)
At all times the renter is responsible for:
· Damage caused where the terms of Rental Contract have been breached.
· Damage caused by negligence.
· Damage caused to the Vehicle in any way by part or total water submersion or salt water.
· Damage caused due to a single vehicle roll over.
· Damage caused to the Vehicle by the renter’s wilful conduct.
· Damage caused to the Vehicle when using the Vehicle in contravention of any legislation or regulation controlling vehicular traffic.
· Damage or loss caused to any personal belongings.
· Damage caused due to use of incorrect or contaminated fuel.
· Damage to the awning.
· Damage to the overhead or underbody of the Vehicle except where VIP Cover has been purchased.